Home > Trip Reports > Nov 27, 2010, Skinning at Stevens

Nov 27, 2010, Skinning at Stevens

11/27/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by telemack on 11/28/10 4:35am
I met my niece's partner Jimmie in Monroe for his first day BC touring, and rendezvoused at the Pass with Grant.  Coverage was low but was generally quite skiable.  We got most of the way up Double Diamond when Jimmie's brand new rented binding broke while we were still climbing.
(see Random Tracks post on this)  He did a heroic one-ski descent, then hung out in the car while Grant and I did another lap to just below the top of 7th.  Snow depth there was much better than it looked from the road, and our run was deep and fairly light with no bottoming out.
They have groomed parts of the lower mountain; too bad I can't make it for opening Wednesday.
Nice Mack!

What time where you climbing X2 diamond? Seen three characters up there while driving past about noon+.

We got to the pass around 5pm, and it was amazingly tracked out.  Since it was dark, we did a quick lap up big chief and enjoyed the cut-up powder in our LED infused glow.  nice night

must've been pretty crowded during the day.

author=alecapone link=topic=18192.msg76863#msg76863 date=1291052677]
Nice Mack!

What time where you climbing X2 diamond? Seen three characters up there while driving past about noon+.

We were on there about noon, but we weren't the only ones.  Didn't see too many other skiers but there were lots of tracks.  If you're sure the three were truly "characters" then it musta been us!

Reply to this TR

nov-27-2010-skinning-at-stevens
telemack
2010-11-28 12:35:42