Home > Trip Reports > Nov 27, MRNP - For Powder Lovers Only :) Vid

Nov 27, MRNP - For Powder Lovers Only :) Vid

11/15/10
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Pierce on 11/27/10 6:37pm
After going up to MRNP on Wednesday Nov 24, for the season opening turns, I discovered the best turns were at the lower elevations.  I decided I had to go back and get little more of this November Epi-Pow.  We did 4 runs during the course of the day and had a blast.  Nothing like shredding the light fluffy powder.  Feeling the snow, wash up over your thighs as you pop your turns.  Really amazing ski conditions for the Northwest.  The only downside was the very low light, which made it really hard to read the terrain, especially gullies and drifts at the end of the day.

Enjoy this short video I put together of us having some fun shredding some pow. 

http://www.thealpineobsession.com/powder-day.html
Nice Viddy, Chris.
Thanks for posting.

Great video; we were out there too but decided to go in the backcountry ;)

Most of us would never admit to faceplants, butt-shots or other wipeouts.  I especially liked your full on now angel at the end.

A posse of us (7) killed it in the Tatoosh yesterday.  Lessons learned:
- When the snow is good, finishing at dark is a good policy.
- Hitting rocks just as you launch off a 15 footer changes your trajectory.  Or at least your landing. Significantly.
- Another foot or three would be a good thing.
- When the light improves, stop climbing and head down.
- Fried Pickles at Bruno's are to die for.
- 3200 VF and skiing to the car is PDG for November!

@ Acarey - backcountry, back country, BC it's all the same to me :)  I posted at 230am after skiing all day, spellling/grammar errors are forgiven in those cases ;)

@ Rusty Knees -  Nicely done.  We considered the Tatoosh, but based on the NWAC forecast we wanted to stick to skiing a Southern aspect in the safety of the glades.  Seeing how stable the snowpack was, the slightly more open terrain in the Tatoosh I am sure was pretty wild!  We also skied right up till the bitter end making it back to the paradise in the dark with 2 cars left in the lot.  As much as I eat snow on any given tour, if I didnt include a few choice spills, my friends would ask to see what really happend out there ;)

Reply to this TR

nov-27-mrnp-for-powder-lovers-only-vid
Pierce
2010-11-28 02:37:29