Home > Trip Reports > November 27, 2010, Silver Fir (Summit Central)

November 27, 2010, Silver Fir (Summit Central)

11/27/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 11/27/10 9:39am
Much better weather than expected this morning, as we skied a couple runs under blue skies at the Silver Fir chair.  14" cascade "powder" made for fun turns.   Then we headed out the nordic trail toward Grand Central and Mt Catherine region.  The groomer had just been by so skinning was super easy until we left the track and headed up.  Coverage in the woods is kinda thin with snow snakes hiding below.  After noon, the sky clouded over and we had a dense snowshower.   We left lots of fresh tracks for tomorrow.
Aint no-one waxin anymore?  Sheeit.

Nice to see you Silas.  Even Central was decent: deep enough, sun breaks on nice powder in November one hour from home, no complaining.  I'd probably call most of the main runs at Central skied out now.  A few pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/koelle/

Great to meet fun folk! Heading higher tomorrow, methinks. The morning light was sublime.

nice.  didnt know you guys were at silver fir today.  i arrived around 1130.

check these dudes out - booting up the Outback run on silver fir.  talk about devoted... the snow there isn't that great.

aside from 4 letter words, anyone have a good slang for these types?  totally trashed the skin track.

author=cchapin link=topic=18173.msg76773#msg76773 date=1290910297]
aside from 4 letter words, anyone have a good slang for these types?  totally trashed the skin track

Booting in the skin track?????.... I usually call them morons!

Groms. Probably trying to build a kicker.

author=cchapin link=topic=18173.msg76773#msg76773 date=1290910297]

aside from 4 letter words, anyone have a good slang for these types?  totally trashed the skin track.

Homo Postholus, the missing link.

Reply to this TR

november-27-2010-silver-fir-summit-central
silaswild
2010-11-27 17:39:26