Home > Trip Reports > November 27, 2010, Yakima River, West Richland

November 27, 2010, Yakima River, West Richland

11/27/10
Posted by David_Lowry on 11/27/10 6:34am
This has truly been an incredible early season for local tours from my backyard.  The first storm put down ten inches of snow followed by mornings of 8*F.  I've skied every day since last Monday.  Today we had another small storm that filled in everything nicely, enough to keep skiing on the gravel rights of way.

It is nice to see the Seattleites are getting the same treat.

This loop is four miles through an orchard to the Yakima River.  We rousted a songdog at this particular spot everyday for the past three days.  The coyote was very interested in my dogs and held his position until we were only 20 yards away.  Needless to say, my dogs go nuts at these encounters.  I love running into self-employed dogs.

Awesome David, thanks for sharing the pics.  I love the idea of a self-employed dog.  Your own seem to be working for "the man" -- I assume that's a skijoring setup?

You're right Marcus, I was skijoring my "B" team in that photo.  They are more gentle pullers so I can safely go with three of them.  The "A" team are two stronger and faster dogs, resulting in a wilder ride.  I usually take the "A" team out first to break trail and then have a more mellow ride with these three.

Reply to this TR

november-27-2010-yakima-river-west-richland
David_Lowry
2010-11-27 14:34:33