Home > Trip Reports > November 25, 2010, Summit West and Central

November 25, 2010, Summit West and Central

11/25/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 11/25/10 6:35am
Snowing pretty hard, warmer than yesterday, but still cool enough for good snow. Lotsa folks enjoying lift served skiing. Thunderbird was not open so I skied up it, across to Central, and down Parachute. Nice knee deep fluff, brief chat with Proski Seattle and North Bend staff, then back up and over. The run down tbird was equally fine. Tomorrow should be great!
great morning to get out before the big dinner.

did a lap on Hyak then went over and checked out Central, Alpine Face.

coverage is still low, 2-3 feet, some melt water low spots.  have a few new scratches on my bases.  nothing major.  the powder has consolidated a lot.

saw arcticcat2 going up Hyak with his daugher.  fun ride for her down.

Did another day at Central today (11/26).  masses of people farming triple 60 and parachute.  Consolidated powder with about 4-6 inches new from last night on top.

I skied Central for the first time today, while on a boot-try-on expedition.  Nice skin track up Triple 60, and good cut-up heavy pow there and on Parachute.  Snoqualmie sure is nice when it's cold. 

The WSDOT report early this AM said something about freezing rain at Snoqualmie -- sounds like that didn't actually happen ?

author=Randy link=topic=18128.msg76723#msg76723 date=1290840546]
The WSDOT report early this AM said something about freezing rain at Snoqualmie -- sounds like that didn't actually happen ?
There were no signs of freezing rain at the pass... probably DOT was talking about exit 47 to about a 1/2 mile before exit 51...  there was supposedly freezing rain there "west of the summit" last night.

Reply to this TR

november-25-2010-summit-west-and-central
silaswild
2010-11-25 14:35:41