Home > Trip Reports > Nov, 20 and 21, 2010, Twin Lakes

Nov, 20 and 21, 2010, Twin Lakes

11/15/10
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Glorificus Adventum on 11/21/10 1:19pm
Our selection of destinations paid off perfectly both Saturday and Sunday. We were able to drive a few miles in (almost to the old yellow aster butte trailhead) on Saturday were we started with the snowmobile. There were four of us (JP, Pete and Loren). Two on the sled and two getting towed made for an interesting time particularly going up the switch backs. Made three runs off bear mtn. Very solid 18" of fresh that yielded consistent chest shots under blue skies. Conditions seemed to be very stable throughout the day with zero signs of instability. Sunday the road was slicked over from the beginning which meant another friend and I started on the sled basically from 542. Travel was very easy with just two. Today we did two runs on bear with many face shots. Seemed to have gotten about another 4-6" over night to add to the awesome snow pack. Light was a bit flat but again incredibly fun. Long story short, both days were SUPERB, stable conditions and great company. This is what skiing should be ;D. I was the only one without a caery but hopefully some of the other guys can post something.... JP?
Thanks for the update. I recently made a video of a day at Twin Lakes. It's my first attempt at POV footage... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBd0xKT2ms&hd=1

Sweet vid, Toby!  I felt like I was there...

I wish you would have had a shot looking back up at the line from the bottom.

Thanks Micah. Yeah, me too! It was classic early season. Buddies with no cameras. I had 2 on me, but the batts. went dead as soon as he pressed the button. A shot with the POV cam would have made it look flat. Check out the you tube link on that vid for another of some Oct/Nov. skiing. The aspect ratio improves throughout. I think I have it where I want it. You can see skis, but also skyline. It's 960p.

Rad! Can't wait to get my POV, girlfriend says I have to wait till Christmas :(
What make are you running?

Reply to this TR

nov-20-and-21-2010-twin-lakes
Glorificus Adventum
2010-11-21 21:19:27