Home > Trip Reports > August 30, 2004, Ruby Mountain, North Patch

August 30, 2004, Ruby Mountain, North Patch

8/30/04
Posted by kam on 8/29/04 1:14pm

Distance from trailhead to summit: 10 miles.
Elevation gain: 6300 feet.
Number of runs: 2.
Total vertical skied: one-hundred feet.

Bagging August turns: priceless.
Impressive vertical  8)

:)
Dude - you're an animal  :)
That's gotta rate up there with Glacier Peak on the Torture Point scale.
Are ya going back there next weekend for September turns?  Or do you have something a bit further out in mind for that?  ;)

The Casshole didn't bring skis?  Weak!
Fine work on your part, Sir.

"The Casshole didn't bring skis?"  Weak!  ???   ???   ???

600:1  Hike elev. to ski elev. ratio!? Yeah, a bit of a stretch for my definition of sanity, but well suited for the Kamster  ;)  

Skip didn't even go on the trip? Weak!  ;D

600:1?? Then either Kam skied 10 feet, or you hiked 60,000! Now THAT'S a big day!  ;)

Oi!, my bad   ;) 60:1  

Casshole:  insane?  i don't know what you're talking about.  i think this looks pretty normal...

Ron J: september is a special month: Skip and I will celebrate our TAY anniversary.  knowing Skip, he'll want something more burly than Ruby -- 50 vf. patch is a bit much. recall Skip's big smile last september after skiing this gem; at most it was 10 vf.!

kam - I love that photo - it's almost like driving down the freeway with the skis on your rack in August/September....I'm sure people are like  ???

Kam-
You crack me up!!
Although after a little simple math, I probably got around 1400 vertical on my ladder last weekend working on my house. Should have slung my skis so I could post a report ;). I would have rather earned my vertical the way you did than by tediously sanding a 3 story log home.
Good work and thanks for the laughs!!
Joe

Reply to this TR

august-30-2004-ruby-mountain-north-patch
kam
2004-08-29 20:14:15