Home > Trip Reports > Nov 18, Silver basin

Nov 18, Silver basin

11/15/10
Posted by snoholic on 11/18/10 12:15pm
Great day in Silver basin.  We did a couple laps up to the gap in 16-24"'of fresh.  Weather was cold and crisp.  Below the fresh snow was dirt.  Right side up sno-pack kept us from bottoming out.  (I accidentally referred to this as Pickhandle basin in original post.)
How were the roads?

My mistake, Silver basin and the gap above (I do not know the name).

Thanks again for the turns gentlemen!

Thanks for the skintrack boys.
The road up to Crystal was fine. Its still a little swampy around the little lake (hen Skin?) The snow was light and wonderful. Mark if you are out there it was great to meet you.

Nice meeting you as well, Dave.  Snoholic, I guess that was you and crew I met in the parking lot.  Would've been closer behind you if I didn't keep having to go back to the car for the things I forgot (jacket? backpack? I was lucky I remembered to put on my ski boots.)  Thanks for setting the skin track in from the top of chair 4.  Looks like you guys skied the main shot down from the saddle between boxcar cornice (which doesn't have a cornice yet) and the chutes.  I went to the east side of threeway and lapped the party knoll area.  Good stuff.

MarkeyZ,  We kept looking back waiting for you to catch up and help break trail! :p  Glad you got some of the goodness!  Sweet tuque btw.

Some photos:

The Bulldozer

Getting Hi

Round One Complete

Ninja Cat Moves

Nice to know what happened to you Markeyz.  We went back to same area on Friday, when it got too crowed up near boxcar we followed your trail up to party knoll and the so called Dave's demise.  So in the end you did break trail for us.

Zack

author=Plinko link=topic=18006.msg76263#msg76263 date=1290222567]
MarkeyZ,  We kept looking back waiting for you to catch up and help break trail! :p  Glad you got some of the goodness!  Sweet tuque btw.

Wapati Woolies!

author=snoholic link=topic=18006.msg76297#msg76297 date=1290262309]
Nice to know what happened to you Markeyz.  We went back to same area on Friday, when it got too crowed up near boxcar we followed your trail up to party knoll and the so called Dave's demise.  So in the end you did break trail for us.

Zack

Hopefully you didn't follow my wacky over hill and dale diversion that ended up back at your original track.  Glad you got some on that side.  Love those little rollers.

Reply to this TR

nov-18-silver-basin
snoholic
2010-11-18 20:15:22