Home > Trip Reports > November, 8 and before, Nooksack Environs

November, 8 and before, Nooksack Environs

11/15/10
Posted by ema on 11/8/10 9:38am
Skied Winchester on Oct. 30th and above Twin Lakes Nov. 7th. Skyline Divide we skied today, the 8th. The Twin Lakes road was drivable to the last swithchback on Oct. 30th and I drove to the lakes on the 7th. Skyline Divide road was drivable to the TH with 4WD today. We skinned from the TH up the trail. There was a foot of snow at the TH. 2 feet depth was the average on the slopes of Skyline with 12-14" of new light snow on a consolidated base. I was able to ski a nice chute on Skyline today, which is the last picture. Some squiggle turns were had as well...
A couple more pics. Sorry for the photo quality.

Daaaaaamnnnnn  Booooooyyyyy!!! To bad no slid trax on pic with skis alll thems freshes needs sum BrapBRAAAPAPPAP!

Yup but dem grenies get th freash to thmselvs cuz the enveyeroment  said no more! BAAA. DAaaammmMN, lookes like thoes dig in to git to the bondary!!!! do u now wher som freashesZ are moonie???

Hop Trip, Boundary Bay IPA, and Brown Shugga' were enjoyed with these turns as well. Cheers!

Very nice TR and photos.

Beautiful!  Nice line down the chute; Hop Trip is always a good decision maker!  ;) 

You covered quite a lot of terrain. On your trip to Twin Lakes did you see the gully that leads to N aspect of Goat Mt.?

Yes, that gully, or Swamp Cr. gorge as I call it, has very little snow in it. From memory, I think the base of the gully is near 3700'. I have traversed over from Twin Lakes in the past, passing under Bear and out to Goat, but I can't say that that would be doable right now...

Right. That's what I thought. Too bad the skiing above the gorge is great. Thanks!

Did you hit many rocks up at Skyline Divide?  How's the new snow bonding with the older snow?

Skyline is where we hit the fewest rocks, and that was mostly on the trail ski out. Hit no rocks when actually making quality turns. Snow was bonding well, as the base was saturated and getting colder. There was evidence of older sluffs, I produced newer sluff an here was a tiny slab on a roll over that did not have much energy to it. It just petered out. I'll find a pic...

Thanks for the intel TobyT!

Reply to this TR

november-8-and-before-nooksack-environs
ema
2010-11-08 17:38:32