Home > Trip Reports > October 31, 2010, Mazama Ridge

October 31, 2010, Mazama Ridge

10/31/10
WA Cascades East Slopes North
Posted by ~Link~ on 10/31/10 2:31pm
Beautiful weather at MRNP today which was a pleasant surprise.  Snow seems to be firming up and holding tight in well vegetated areas.  This is the first time I've been out since the storm, and the coverage is amazing.  Turns were a bit grabby, so we stuck to some steeper aspects in order to get enough speed to open up and link some great turns!  Can't think of a better way to spend my Halloween Birthday!  Good riding with Merk and SnoSlut, always a great time full of hilarity.  Hopefully the pine apples don't wipe it out; we're looking at a great base, otherwise!
Hush, child! - you're not supposed to utter the "weather that shall not be named"  I'd advise you to modify your post before Ullr wakes up furious.

author=Rusty Knees link=topic=17783.msg75126#msg75126 date=1288619077]
Hush, child! - you're not supposed to utter the "weather that shall not be named"  I'd advise you to modify your post before Ullr wakes up furious.

With all do respect, changed to lower case, which is implicit of falling rain as originally intended; the uppercase was somewhat ambiguous.  :)

Nonetheless,  if we're going to get that evangelical, you might reconsider your TAY quote, Rusty...  ;)

A buddy and I also got some great turns in yesterday.  The sunshine was a pleasant surprise, as was the new snow on top.  We skied up Edith Basin to Mazama, and did a couple of laps, not the softest of snow, but new and movable none the less.  It was way better than Sat. when we were in the clouds on top of the ridge, and the snow was very technical.  Any time in the snowy mountains is always a good time though!

author=~Link~ link=topic=17783.msg75128#msg75128 date=1288622812]
With all do respect, changed to lower case, which is implicit of falling rain as originally intended; the uppercase was somewhat ambiguous.   :)

Nonetheless,  if we're going to get that evangelical, you might reconsider your TAY quote, Rusty...  ;)

Amen, Brothuh - preach it!

author=Rusty Knees link=topic=17783.msg75148#msg75148 date=1288639431]
Amen, Brothuh - preach it!

Nice change!  Totele!    :D

JMiller- Good to hear you were able to experience the goods, as well.  I had heard the same in regards to Saturday...

Reply to this TR

october-31-2010-mazama-ridge
~Link~
2010-10-31 21:31:23