Home > Forum > k2 outlet beta?

k2 outlet beta?

• wolfs
  • [wolfs]
More
20 Jul 2004 09:38 #169592 by wolfs
k2 outlet beta? was created by wolfs
Anyone been by the Fife building lately and checked for messages on the window? Seems like it's about that time of year again ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2004 12:28 #169594 by Scole
Replied by Scole on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
<br>I don't know but I would like to know where this store is located. I only know of the one down near Chehalis. Thanks..

More
21 Jul 2004 01:36 #169596 by ajtabet
Replied by ajtabet on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
i drove by there this past weekend, there was a sign describing a sale of some sort, but didn't stop.

More
21 Jul 2004 08:02 #169598 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
Scole - it's in the same building (but around the corner) as the big Sportco store in Fife.<br>www.sportco.com/

More
23 Jul 2004 04:36 #169602 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
Looks like a little more info is available on a similar ttips thread:<br>www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20642

More
23 Jul 2004 14:41 #169604 by Robie
Replied by Robie on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
Ski ALert! I was in there today Friday July 23rd .Tomorrow is thier last day . New style World pistes 188cm for 190$ 3prs left at 4pm <br>Piste stinks 190 cm 35$ <br>Nice selection of She's Piste <br>Heli stinks 190cm <br>8611 s <br>Worth a stop if you are in vicinity on Sat the 24th. They are known to throw some new stuff out on the floor or change prices . thie rgoal is to open a regular store there in the Fall. <br>Robie

• wolfs
  • [wolfs]
More
25 Jul 2004 06:36 #169605 by wolfs
Replied by wolfs on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
I went by yesterday, it was the last day, of a two week sale. Not much there in way of skis. It looked like the same old stuff they had left over at the end of last year, which was basically the same list that Robie reported.<br>* I asked if they'd had any of the wide stuff earlier in the sale, they said no, so I guess I am glad that I didn't miss out on any super scores.<br>* Cheap hats and t shirts tho.<br>* They plan to open Fife up as a permanent outlet starting Labor Day. I asked if their inventory would be any different / more diverse once that happened, they said that once they open up in the fall it was likely that they would have some of the 03 models on sale, stuff like some of the insert versions of the more popular tele skis.<br>* Factory sale on Vashon for October is still planned, no definite date yet, there is a number you can call for reception on Vashon that can give specifics on the sale once it gets close. Fife wasn't sure what they'd have. Last year they did have some good stuff but a lot of it went to early birds, and by early I mean get there at least an hour before the doors open. I learned this the hard way.<br>Happy shopping ...

More
03 Sep 2004 01:58 #169755 by celine
Replied by celine on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
Hey! So did you get any news for the K2 factory sale? Did they settle the date yet? Keep me posted! :D<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Celine

• wolfs
  • [wolfs]
More
03 Sep 2004 07:09 - 03 Sep 2004 10:17 #169757 by wolfs
Replied by wolfs on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
No date set yet for factory sale Vashon, I just called (thanks for the reminder  8) ). They do not always advertise the sale, because they don't really have to, word of mouth usually fills the place. You just need to call every so often. October is the likely month. 206.463.3631 is the switchboard # on Vashon, and they are usually friendly enough.<br>Things might be changing with the sale a little now that they are almost completely scaled down with no production manufacturing @ the Vashon site, and because it seems more logical for them to be distributing the Chinese made stuff from Fife, where they don't have to deal with the hassles of getting shipping containers on and off ferryboats.<br>Also, I tried again to get a specific number for the Fife Warehouse, but apparently there is no direct line, they just have the main K2 switchboard number and perhaps an extension when they're open. K2 switchboard also had no information about Fife opening full time in the fall. Note that there was a thread back in May (on cascadeclimbers) hinting that the Fife warehouse is actually called "Outlet Sports NW" but I don't believe that is true; that is the name of the outlet in Centralia, which happens to carry K2 stuff but appears to be an independent clearinghouse and not directly related to K2. Also, BTW, the phone # for Outlet Sports NW Centralia is disconnected (no great loss if they are gone, that place was sort of weak).<br><br>Also: one add, perhaps relevant to anyone that had interest in the thread. Ski Bonkers (going on now) did have a few varieties of fat skis of interest to ATers or tele folks who like to ski beefy bindings on alpine skis. Last years Axis AKs for about $350. Last years Atomic R-EX for $399. K2 and other brands' fat twintips etc for OK not fantastic prices. Decent size selection in the 167-185 range that typically sized humans would use for such a fat ski.

More
05 Sep 2004 13:54 #169764 by celine
Replied by celine on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?
By the way, this week-end at Northgate mall, there is a huge sale for the week-end of Labor day at Ski Bonkers. It is almost over. It's gonna be open tomorrow also from 11 to 6! Really nice prices! skibonkers.com/
Sorry for the late notice! 8)

More
23 Sep 2004 08:59 #169834 by TomK
Replied by TomK on topic Re: k2 outlet beta?

<br>I don't know but I would like to know where this store is located. I only know of the one down near Chehalis. Thanks..

<br><br>This August, I was driving past the Centrailia outlet stores, and the K2 shop has closed up for good.<br>Looks like Fife and Vashon only