Home > Trip Reports > July 18, 2004, Mt Timpanogos snowfield, UT

July 18, 2004, Mt Timpanogos snowfield, UT

7/18/04
US elsewhere
Posted by gwest on 7/19/04 8:38am
My first post here, cool site you got here. This is my first year trying to hit all 12 months. I've hit every month except sept and oct back on the east coast thanks to a previous job on mt washington. Now I'm living in salt lake. The july snowfields are a lot bigger out here.
Your forum seems to be a lot of PNW stuff, so i figured I'd make a Utah contribution. Anyway, here's the link to the TR....
http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20611
Nice snow patch.
We have a special place in our hearts, here in the PNW for patches like that, especially if they endure for weeks or even months and they are close to the car.
How long did you have to carry to get to it?

did someone say patch?

my friends (Skip and Chris) and i live for patches, see.  oh, here's another, and another....wait, one more, and another.... but then again, who needs patches, see! ;D

-kam

Glacier snob. That's alright, I'm a powder snob.
It was a short 6 mile hike from the parking lot up 4,300ft. Apparently there is ice under it that remains all year long. I've definitely skied  on a lot less. My august skiing experience looked a lot more like some of Kam's pics.

Kam, when are you publishing the Turns All Year illustrated calendar?  You've got some very memorable shots there.

Well done!

I enjoy reading about trip reports from other states. :)

Reply to this TR

july-18-2004-mt-timpanogos-snowfield-ut
gwest
2004-07-19 15:38:12