Home > Forum > Fritschi Crampon Tabs Broken- Still usable?

Fritschi Crampon Tabs Broken- Still usable?

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
19 Oct 2010 20:59 #194320 by wooley12
I got a pair of Fritschi crampons from a friend and one of the plastic tabs that connects the crampon to the rail is broken off on one side on both crampons. BD was good enough to send me one replacement plastic part as that's all they had.

Do they function and are the safe with only one tab?

I've seen this a bit. Is this normal? User Error?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Snow Bell
  • [Snow Bell]
More
20 Oct 2010 10:21 #194321 by Snow Bell
Replied by Snow Bell on topic Re: Fritschi Crampon Tabs Broken- Still usable?
It should be fine. Unless I am mistaken, when your boot is clicked in, the pressure on the crampon should hold it in place. The little tabs would only seem to come into play when the boot is not engaged helping to keep the crampon in place. Is it falling off of the binding when the boot is not engaged? I should think that this would be the primary concern with the tabs. Maybe wait and replace the plastic tabs when the other sides break off.

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
20 Oct 2010 17:43 #194327 by wooley12
Thanks Snow Bell. That makes sense. I don't have Fritschi's myself (I have Dynafits) and want to sell the crampons and donate the funds to help an injured skier pay for physical therapy. Didn't want to do it with bogus goods and hurt someone else. I'll put them up for sale with full disclosure. Fits 100 mm if anyone is interested.