Home > Forum > October 26, 7-9 pm, Feathered Friends: Case Study

October 26, 7-9 pm, Feathered Friends: Case Study

• otter
  • [otter]
More
06 Oct 2010 17:46 #194079 by otter
When: October 26th, 7-9pm.
Where: Feathered Friends, Seattle
What: I am presenting case study of an avalanche on Kendall Peak last April that left me seriously injured. It will be an educational slideshow, considering the incident and the decisions and actions that lead to it. I seek to share my experience so others may learn and hope that it will spark discussion and get people start thinking about snow safety as the season approaches.
There will be a raffle with some great prizes. All proceeds go to King County SAR, who gave me a free life-saving heli ride.
Of course, cool liquid refreshments will be on tap.
Hope to see some TAYer's there!
Cheers,
Dan Otter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2010 12:27 #194190 by Scottk
I'd like to point out that there's a NWAC fundraiser the same evening: www.nwac.us/calendar/
For what it's worth, I'd like to attend both.
Scott

• andyrew
  • [andyrew609]
More
11 Oct 2010 13:03 #194196 by andyrew
D'oh! Me too!

• otter
  • [otter]
More
11 Oct 2010 13:58 #194202 by otter
I was bummed when I saw that too! I didn't know NWAC had their event planned for the same night, so it's a toss up for a bunch of folks I guess.
I'm looking for a camcorder to record the presentation, so people who are interested but can't make it can check it out. Anyone out there want to lend theirs?! Thanks.
Dan

More
16 Oct 2010 14:07 #194304 by JW
Hi Dan  I am willing to bring my  video camera and  tripod ....  good of you to share your experience. ... Jerry

More
25 Oct 2010 14:51 #194416 by Lisa
I am looking forward to this event. Thanks Dan for making this happen and sharing with others your experience.

• otter
  • [otter]
More
26 Oct 2010 11:55 #194428 by otter
For all that are torn between tonight's FOAC fundraiser and this event, I will also be presenting my case study at NSAS- minus the beer and rad raffle prizes.

• otter
  • [otter]
More
27 Oct 2010 21:34 #194456 by otter
Thanks to everyone that came to Feathered Friends last night! Thanks to those who couldn't make it as well, since I don't think we could have fit any more people in. The place was packed.

We raised over $750 for King County Search and Rescue. Great success!

I have a ticket to NSAS that I forgot to raffle off, so... the first person to PM me a paragraph of constructive feedback with suggestions on how to improve my presentation gets it. I'm looking for brutal honesty so I know what I can change before I present at NSAS.

Thanks again!

Dan