Home > Forum > July DAY, 2004, LOCATION

July DAY, 2004, LOCATION

• jt
  • [jonthomp]
More
14 Jul 2004 06:39 #169570 by jt
July DAY, 2004, LOCATION was created by jt
Anyone have some trip suggestions for the end of July/beginning of August. I have skied the Interglacier that time of year, but something new would be cool. Primarily looking for something with enough to entertain us for two days worth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2004 12:56 #169571 by bcskibdy
Replied by bcskibdy on topic Re: July DAY, 2004, LOCATION
Just piggy-backing on the question. I'm intermediate level--I can do survival turns down most stuff and pretty good tele form otherwise. I've done the Interglacier 3 times (7/4 it was getting runnelled and a big crack was opening up right across the main boot track.) <br><br>It's my first year in the BC and the two guys I go out with are both laid up with wrist and ankle problems. So I'd love to partner up or at least get some good beta on where the snow is.<br><br>bil

• andyski
  • [andyski]
More
14 Jul 2004 14:26 #169572 by andyski
Replied by andyski on topic Re: July DAY, 2004, LOCATION
Judging from the 02 and 03 TRs for summer it looks like Paradise Glacier and Coleman Pinnacle area are common. This is also my first year in the BC (not counting a handful of runs in Tuckerman Ravine in N.H. I have only lived out here for &gt;2 years) and I hike crappy alpine equipment. I would definitely like to get some summer turns in as well and have most Fridays are free. I'm sick of Muir.

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
14 Jul 2004 14:35 #169573 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: July DAY, 2004, LOCATION
Baker has lots of glaciers. We did the Squak and half the Park last August. Coleman-Deming is 'in' year-round.

More
14 Jul 2004 15:02 #169574 by bcskibdy
Replied by bcskibdy on topic Re: July DAY, 2004, LOCATION
Baker is a long way for a one-day, but I understand there are a lot of spots up there. I work 4-10's and have weds off. Anybody who's been to Adams have an idea of how it might be the end of this month? 7/30-31.