Home > Trip Reports > Sept 29, 2010, Mt. Rainier, Camp Muir dirty corn

Sept 29, 2010, Mt. Rainier, Camp Muir dirty corn

9/29/10
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by shaman on 9/29/10 11:38pm
It was a beautiful, windless day up at Muir.  The temperature was mid 50s.  After soaking up some sun, I headed down around 1pm.  The snow up top was firm but soft enough do dig in.  The bottom half was soft and smooth enough to do some hooting and hollering.  There were small suncups throughout but nothing treacherous.  I did see one skier reach camp just as I was heading down.  Oh, there were a couple of crevasse cracks beginning to open up in the snowfield.  Overall a great day and good snow...especially for late September

I have been lurking TAY  for some time and it's time for me to give back to this community.  This site has been such a useful tool and a wealth of information.  I have recently moved to Auburn from Bellingham and hope to find some partners to ride with occasionally so I don't have to ride solo as often (and consequently give my wife a heart attack).    :) 

Here are a few crappy pics.  Meh....I never claim to be a photographer.

From Camp Muir

Welcome to the fold! Nice pix. Way to snag an excellent day just before month's end...

You must have been the snowborder hooting and hollering on your way down.
Sounded and looked great! 
We saw you as we were crossing over to the Paradise where we also found smooth fast snow :)

Thanks for the TR.  ;D

Reply to this TR

sept-29-2010-mt-rainier-camp-muir-dirty-corn
shaman
2010-09-30 06:38:10