Home > Forum > Skiing near Anchorage ideas?

Skiing near Anchorage ideas?

• lapaz25
  • [lapaz25]
More
11 Jul 2004 09:47 #169551 by lapaz25
Skiing near Anchorage ideas? was created by lapaz25
All:<br>I'll be heading to AK for 12 days for work and will have an entire day in Anchorage before I leave. I thought it would be great to get in my August ski day while up there since I have knee surgery less than one week after my return (yep, I'm cutting it close to keeping the streak alive!). Does anyone know how to find skiing outside of Anchorage? Can anybody recommend anyone to talk to? Pilots? Destinations? <br>Thanks!<br>Lara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jason_H.
  • [Jason_H.]
More
13 Jul 2004 07:38 #169559 by Jason_H.
Replied by Jason_H. on topic Re: Skiing near Anchorage ideas?
I've been there a few times, but not for skiing. What I did see though, is plenty to do. I would just get a map, find the highest road and go get it. From the few hikes I've done in the area, the chugach is like the north cascades, but biking distance from Los Anchorage...

• lapaz25
  • [lapaz25]
More
15 Jul 2004 03:17 #169577 by lapaz25
Replied by lapaz25 on topic Re: Skiing near Anchorage ideas?
Jason,<br>Thanks! I've been talking to some locals...the unusually warm spring and summer have been melting the snow. However, I was given the name of a year-round skier who works for the Forest Service up in the Chugach...if I can track him down, maybe he'll know where to go! Although, everyone I talk to thinks it would quite the trek for even a few turns. Wish me luck!<br>~Lara