Home > Forum > Three Fingers Beta & Or Photos

Three Fingers Beta & Or Photos

• Schmitz
  • [Schmitz]
More
10 Jul 2004 12:08 #169545 by Schmitz
Three Fingers Beta & Or Photos was created by Schmitz
I am going to make a trip up to three fingers sometime soon. snow still there? single day, or spend a night at goat flats? I may just hike it depending on the snow. <br><br>It would be greatly apprieciated if anyone would share their photos of three fingers trips<br><br>thanks<br>-Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
10 Jul 2004 13:32 #169546 by skykilo
Replied by skykilo on topic Re: Three Fingers Beta &amp; Or Photos
I doubt you're headed to the east side of the mountain, and this isn't how it would look right now anyway, but here's a photo of Three Fingers:<br>

• Schmitz
  • [Schmitz]
More
10 Jul 2004 13:48 #169547 by Schmitz
Replied by Schmitz on topic Re: Three Fingers Beta &amp; Or Photos
wow, the east side is shear! thats a cool pic. three fingers is a very intreaging moutain. i was thinking more of the north west side. but thanks

More
14 Jul 2004 06:37 #169569 by jt
If you want to ski something, overnight is good. Long drive on logging roads, not long, but rooty, rocky and often sloppy trail. Skiing is possible, though anything you ski you'll have to hike back up to get out. Don't know anything of snow conditions right now. I'm just commenting from memory when I took my then 5-year-old to the summit last summer. Definitely a fun trip and easily doable in a day if your objective is merely to summit. With my son though we took three.

More
18 Jul 2004 05:22 - 18 Jul 2004 05:24 #169584 by Scole
Replied by Scole on topic Re: Three Fingers Beta &amp; Or Photos
I went up there with a friend for the July 4th weekend & brought my snowboard along. Here's a photo of the slopes immediately above Goat Flats:<br><br> <br><br>The snow really doesn't even start until the last slope just below Goat Flats. With the exception of the early morning & late evening, the weather was mostly fog & 50 foot visibility. On the 4th we did make the hike around & up towards Tin Can Gap. The trail was mostly snow free the first half & then solid until the last switchbacks up to the gap (which was snow free).<br><br>I should note that the flats were mostly snow free but somewhat wet. There's plenty of water & good campsites.<br><br>I made some turns but mostly it was a mistake to bring my board..

• Schmitz
  • [Schmitz]
More
18 Jul 2004 17:12 #169587 by Schmitz
Replied by Schmitz on topic Re: Three Fingers Beta &amp; Or Photos
thanks for the report, i think i'll scope it out this summer and summit. then mabey ski it... three fingers is so cool, yet so difficult