Home > Trip Reports > 9-2-10, squeaston Amar loop, accidental TAY

9-2-10, squeaston Amar loop, accidental TAY

9/2/10
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by alecapone on 9/3/10 2:42am
Yay!! I turned all year! I didn't intend too, it just kind of happened. Blame the awesome snow conditions this summer...also, blame Chirstopher Lyles. It was his idea. One of the highlights of the day was my belated birthday wish for iverted airs, but this came from a military aircraft getting jiggy, then a sun dog fly through.

Started in the fridge, then went over to the sqauk.
Super smooth turns on the snowmo super highway where pretty good too..no summit but
we found the best snow in 7-8,ooo' range(we went no higher), so we lapped  it a couple times.

easton

easton

squeaston

the hard scape below 6,500 was a little more barren then reported by Amar here...  http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=17341.0

That looks beautiful, what a year it has been for summer skiing, and the Squak has been the crown jewel.  I knew it would be good, but took the lazy choice and drove to 5400' yesterday.  Way to get it!

Man, that's quite the September coverage... Nice work Scott!  You too John! ;)

Great "mistake", Scott, and good to see Lyles back in action.

Scott, John, err... Alecapone- thanks for being game to take the skis for a walk.

Silaswild- Definitely thought of the going the easy way to get some turns...instead decided I had to pay a visit to my other volcano (so that she would not get jealous of me spending all my time with Rainier). Plus the skis needed to go for a walk!

Mack- thanks for the inspiration over the past few months

here are a few more pics of the day
http://picasaweb.google.com/christopherlyles/EastonSquak90210?feat=directlink

Chris,
Good day out indeed.  Glad to see you made the most of it.  Been swamped lately, but Scotsman has motivated me to TAY, so keep in touch...  I need September.  Keepin' my hopes up for another late summer "powder" day.

Reply to this TR

9-2-10-squeaston-amar-loop-accidental-tay
alecapone
2010-09-03 09:42:50