Home > Forum > Nisqually Chutes beta?

Nisqually Chutes beta?

• wolfs
  • [wolfs]
More
09 Jul 2004 08:02 #169542 by wolfs
Nisqually Chutes beta? was created by wolfs
Anyone have recent beta on whether the Nisqually Chutes still go with or without a viable boot-in? And whether remainder of the ride is reasonably linkable and clear of big rocks?<br>(My original Mt Ruth plan now in jeapordy after seeing that the TAY Home page photo from June 25 already showed that the best gully for linking all of Mt Ruth was nearly melted out two weeks ago, so looking for a Plan B).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
09 Jul 2004 08:21 #169543 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: Nisqually Chutes beta?
My buddy was there on Sunday and skiied the main chute. As of Sunday he said there was still plenty of snow at the entrance and the chute itself looked great. With the recent weather and lower freezing levels/temps during the week you should be able to keep your skiis on. He did warn me that there are some runnels forming from debris, minimal suncups, and the usually debris path down the center. Stay far skiers right on the steeper section and it should be enjoyable. No guarantees though since conditions can change alot in a weeks worth of time. Hope this helps.

More
11 Jul 2004 05:28 #169550 by dana
Replied by dana on topic Re: Nisqually Chutes beta?
I was there on 9 July- still boulevard-width with but a few rocks pokin' their heads up- looks like there is at least a couple more weekends worth before it's blocked by melt-out.<br><br>If you go, keep an eye peeled for my brother's lost HeliStinx in the lower stretches of Pebble Creek. We skied slide just N of Pan point in the fog and he somehow lost his footing and dropped his ski & pole while screwin' 'round with gear near the top. We couldn't find it. Should be easy to spot on a clear day. (See my "Lost on Rainier" posting.