Home > Trip Reports > Things that make you say Oooooh

Things that make you say Oooooh

8/15/10
Posted by Teleskichica on 8/19/10 4:28pm
A last minute midweek effort for August turns and random phone call yielding good results...
Bare-assed baristas at Baristas Gone Wild... (Sorry Don, no pictures.)
Misty morning meadows, yielding sudden sunbreaks...
Collapsing creekside snow...
First and second lunch...
First crevasse experiences...
A circus of a snowfield and
author=Teleskichica link=topic=17330.msg73021#msg73021 date=1282289308]

Worthless without pics ;)

Thanks for the TR and for NOT posting barista photos!
Was this 8/19?  Morning mist to some clouds?
cheers

Woohoo!

author=skier8484 link=topic=17330.msg73023#msg73023 date=1282318628]
Worthless without pics ;)

Not to worry, I've a feeling that we'll be needing some coffee on our next ski trip, and now we've got a new joint to try out!

We skied Thursday, Aug. 19. It was heavy, heavy fog and we figured we would just "take a gamble" at approaching the Paradise Glacier in hopes the clouds would break. Our lucky day, as Ed set foot on snow, we were suddenly greeted by clear skies. Almost that fast.

We experienced intermittent clouds/fog for a few more hours (yes, we were that slow and lazy!), but used it to our advantage for extra lunch hour(s) and time spent taking too many pictures of our attempts to squish Muir climbers.  ::) Good day to be out harvesting some sweet corny goodness.  :)

As for the barista, it was a desperation stop, as there are so very few coffee stands off of highway 7 if you take the cut off road, and now I fear Ed may have a skewed desire to ski Paradise environs over others more often than before. Seriously entertaining, and worth a few giggles more than once throughout the day!

author=Teleskichica link=topic=17330.msg73021#msg73021 date=1282289308]

How was the coffee?

The coffee was quite exceptional...  Why else would you go to a coffee stand?  -And I read Playboy for the articles!

Just keep the orders simple.  "1% milk" was too extravagant a request.
-My bad...

...  And if you're in line behind a big four wheel drive truck, expect to wait 5-10 minutes while a redneck tries to make time with the pretty girl in teeny underbritches.

Al-in-all, I'll be back...  -For the coffee!

some great tele pics, w/ the respective turns. that fog inversion/ sun does funny things to summer skiers!

This site is useless without addresses, directions and measurements  8). 
Both ski pics are TTips worthy, Holly.  Send them to Mitch - You deserve to be on the cover of Rolling Stone!

Reply to this TR

things-that-make-you-say-oooooh
Teleskichica
2010-08-19 23:28:28