Home > Trip Reports > July 26-28/10-Glacier Peak,White Mountain

July 26-28/10-Glacier Peak,White Mountain

7/15/10
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by Atraslin on 8/8/10 6:27am
Skied Glacier Peak SE Face,Disappointment Peak SW Face,White Mountain N Face

Having wanting to ski the remote Glacier Peak in the Cascades for a while now,the weather looked promising,so my brother and I checked for a good forecast and hit the road for three days.Are other inspiration was to keep the turns all year spirit alive,with a great late snow season we were confident there would be snow left to ski,even if it was almost August.

18 miles to the summit and about 8200ft gained one way.After skiing from the summit of Glacier peak we decided to hit the obvious run on Disappointment peak on our way back to camp.
On day three we woke up to another beautiful day and decided to ski White mountain, before our long hike back to our car.Did I mention there is lot of hiking,but well worth it just for the amazing views.This was the last but not least volcano I had skied and climbed in Washington.

Story Mike Traslin
Here is a mini movie my brother Andy put together....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjnY0L-Mlw

That is a fat, fat marmot.  Nice work you guys -- beautiful back there.

Good show again.  It was awesome to see you guys headed up just as I skied into Glacier Gap!

Thanks guys....

It was good to see a skier out there.....

What kind of helmet cam were you using?  I love the "ski traverse" shot panning R-->L, showing the looong path to the summit.

I used the Go Pro HD helmet cam and the Canon powershot SD 780 IS digital elph for hand held
footage.

Reply to this TR

july-26-28-10-glacier-peak-white-mountain
Atraslin
2010-08-08 13:27:31