Home > Trip Reports > August 1, 2010, Blueberry Chute

August 1, 2010, Blueberry Chute

8/1/10
Posted by silaswild on 8/1/10 10:48am
Fog at Artist Point this morning, so I decided to ski the one remaining readily accessible Blueberry Chute that had continuous snow rather than head for a rendezvous with a camping friend at Coleman Pinnacle.  Started skinning from the Visitors Center toilet but the suncups made booting a better choice.  Sideslipped down most of the chute to smooth it for the next runs, and realized the road passed right by the top of it.  Once back at the VC, I found another skier and hitched a ride to Artist Point.  We skied the chute again, smoothing it a little more, then rode up in my car.  Met three skiers doing the same, one shuttling the other two.

Back down, with both our cars in the lot above, we hitch hiked for a few more runs on the well groomed slope until fog began dropping into the chute, then drove back for a short chat with King and Eppie, seasonal rangers for the past several years at the VC, before it closed for the day.  The snow has melted considerably in the past two weeks, but there is plenty remaining, and I bet west of Table Mountain in Telemon terrain, even more.  He was smiling with us today.
Telemon is smiling from above. This happens to be the same area in which Telemon, a friend, and I skied last year. He was so gracious, fun, and loved every minute of our ski in the Table mountain area. He is missed. His glass was always half full.

my TAY TR from 6/16/09
http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=13646.0

Telemon's link to his TT TR
http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=806613#806613

Glad to be back in the PNW and see that the snow is still around!

Chris

Car shuttling in August---I just love this place  8)

B/C grooming for the cups is some dedication - I've just let loose sluffs release

Reply to this TR

august-1-2010-blueberry-chute
silaswild
2010-08-01 17:48:42