Home > Trip Reports > July 1, 2004, Summit West at Snoqualmie

July 1, 2004, Summit West at Snoqualmie

7/1/04
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by DonnellyM on 7/1/04 8:09am
Ohhhhh, yeaahhhh
Who'd ever thought you could ski the Summit at Snoqualmie in July! 8) Not Alpental but West.  Good thing for really short skis (180cm)  squeezed in 6 times on the PATCH managing 10-15 turns each run.  Tomorrow I'll head back to Rainier or perhaps Adams and Hood for some real skiing. ;D  
All skiing is real, I meant some serious vertical. :D

Isn't that just slightly contrived? Man, and I thought I was an addict.... ;) ;)

Who'd ever thought you could ski the Summit at Snoqualmie in July!

In 2002, I did a traverse from the Summit to the Cle Elum River starting on June 1 and started skiing right at the paved road. I bet you could have skied Summit West in July that year. (The snowpack was well above 100% of normal at Snoqualmie.)

The only patch I remember at the Summit last weekend was a pile left over from the terrain park. Whatever floats your boat!  ;)

I heard that was a banner year for snowfall.  Too bad I was stuck in North Carolina that year. >:(  After missing two years of skiing due to living in NC, I'm willing to ski anything no matter how short or even silly it might seem to others.btw There is skiing in NC, I was busy with college to even bother.  Summit West is far better than anything overthere.   ;D

Reply to this TR

july-1-2004-summit-west-at-snoqualmie
DonnellyM
2004-07-01 15:09:43