Home > Trip Reports > July 10, 2010, Mt. Baker, Squak Corn

July 10, 2010, Mt. Baker, Squak Corn

7/10/10
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by samthaman on 7/11/10 4:09am
I met up with skier8484 yesterday, we got most of the way up Baker via the Squak. The snow was fun to ski, but I'd be pretty worried about the Roman ramp/steep slopes going forward. With a solid push, I could get my pole into the snow over the flicklock, the snow is deep, mushy, and not likely to improve until it gets colder up high.

Full TR is here:
http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/caw-caw-5400-ft-of-corn-on-the-squak-glacier/

A few photos:

Lenticulars on Glacier

Climbing near the crater:

BE AFRAID: the 11 man mountain-dragnet.

The fun part:

DEEP corn
Looks like you guys had a good day and made a smart choice based on snow conditions and the 11 person rope team to play leap frog with.

What's with the winter ski pants Brian? I was expecting to see a couple shots of you in your Daisy Dukes, or at least the blue, flowered shorts!  ;)

Glad to see you and Tyler had a good day at Elk Mountain last Monday, we were thinking of you as we hit the trail that day.

Great photos Sam, hope we get the chance to meet you one of these days.

Gary and Jan.

Sam, great meeting up and finally making some turns.  Looks like the weather should be favorable to get at it again later this week.

author=GaryJan link=topic=17140.msg72126#msg72126 date=1278906585]
What's with the winter ski pants Brian? I was expecting to see a couple shots of you in your Daisy Dukes, or at least the blue, flowered shorts!  ;)

C'mon Gary, I can't bare-all all the time; lucky for you Slush Cup 2010 is not far off ;)

Great pics! Sorry I couldn't make this one Brian, we'll get at it soon enough.

Reply to this TR

july-10-2010-mt-baker-squak-corn
samthaman
2010-07-11 11:09:15