Home > Trip Reports > July 7, 2010, Silver slopes

July 7, 2010, Silver slopes

7/7/10
Posted by silaswild on 7/7/10 7:00am
Nice morning tour with minimal suncups, comfortable breeze, short drive and great company. Tim and I searched for new lines and he showed me some old ones I did not know.

We parked half a mile from the end of road firepit, since my replacement car for the old Tercel is so clean and nice it refused to continue over the berms. Lisa drove all the way yesterday, so it's certainly possible for the bold and skilled driver. Then we followed the lightly brushed out trail a few hundred meters to where we donned the skins, then past the stone shelter (with crushed roof) and up the central northern stream to the bowl under the summit.  We skied NW and N slopes on excellent corn, and no sticky snow surfaces.
Nice pix, and thanks for info on this route. I've had a few good days using it. Though I've never skied with Tim, his form is quite aesthetic...

Replacement for the Tercel? What is your new chariot??

author=GregLange link=topic=17108.msg72008#msg72008 date=1278602020]
Replacement for the Tercel? What is your new chariot??

I joined the crowd; got a Subaru (1995 Legacy.)  No more nights in the Tercel Townhouse, I've upgraded to the Subaru Suite, much roomier.

author=GregLange link=topic=17108.msg72008#msg72008 date=1278602020]
Nice pix, and thanks for info on this route. I've had a few good days using it.

Glad to help, this has been a very long season for Silver, thanks to the cool weather of June.  I've had many good days using it, and have saved many gallons of gasoline, as well as minimizing my carbon footprint and exposure to errant drivers.

Reply to this TR

july-7-2010-silver-slopes
silaswild
2010-07-07 14:00:32