Home > Trip Reports > July 5, 2010, Silver Peak

July 5, 2010, Silver Peak

7/5/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by The Snow Troopers on 7/6/10 7:34am
This was the best snow coverage w/ the smallest sun cups I have skied in my almost a decade of playing up there over the 4th of July holiday(when the Snow Gods allowed). Will most likely get an August "novelty" ski in this year which means only 2 to 3 months this year of travel off the pass to get the monthly turns in before the next cycle begins!!!

Skins were on 50 vertical ft below and to the SE of the rock shelter and was able to skin over the water fall at bottom of East Bowl then booted up the Silver Cirque for what I guessing was the last descent off the ridge for this year(unless you do it in the next couple dayz). Then booted back up to the lower dome and hit the middle chute I like to call TNT cause it's Dynamite! On past July skis the choke point melts out but this year you still can link turns. The old growth bench just before the rock shelter still had continuous snow except for a 5-10 ft. stretch(walked it anyway because of all the debris.

Anyway, still looking good for a quick fix w/ one of the smallest approaches around.

Live to Ski Another Day!
A great day today as well.  Followed your tracks up, skied the NW flank, back up then to the ridge to see Rainier in its glory and the blue hues of Rachel lake.  Skied the N aspect back to the car with a short carry.  It was great to enjoy the solitude with my dog.  What a beautiful day it was!

Nice to heat of the still great coverage up there.
Thanks for the reports.

Reply to this TR

july-5-2010-silver-peak
The Snow Troopers
2010-07-06 14:34:07