Home > Trip Reports > June 22, 2010, Silver Peak; An indecent proposal?

June 22, 2010, Silver Peak; An indecent proposal?

6/22/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by gravyb on 6/23/10 3:05am
USA won!! But, now for the TR...  It's melting, but the steep run through the trees skied like a dream.  Take the PCT approach if you fancy bush whacking, otherwise the road is approach is best.  It was about 63 degrees at Windy Pass when I arrived at 5:30 pm.  Just went to the knoll in the basin, which is the top of my fave run.  If I had more time getting to the top of the ridge for extra turns looked very worth it.  From the knoll I could see the red of a Tecate can being enjoyed up on the ridge.  Once back down to the car I had the indecent proposal?  You decide.  A nice gal arrived and said she forgot her boots, could she borrow my prized Garmonts.  Almost said yes, as women have talked me into many things over the years.  They're molded to my feet, and ya know, would you have done it?  My street smarts over powered my generosity and I said no.  It's like when your buddy borrows your bike, that's when something gets screwed up on it.  Tough call.  Choosing not to negotiate what would be in it for me, I swilled a banquet beer and rolled.  I'm sorry to you lady, but I also don't let people use my tooth brush.  Just about Rainier time with how much it's melting though.
Thanks for the TR...She wouldn't have gotten my boots...bummer for her though!

Go USA

Hey gravyb, That was Dave P and I drinking the best ski beer in the world up on the ridge. Nice eye  ;) We saw you go down from the saddle and followed your route later in the evening. We had a fantastic ski most of the way down to Lake Annette until the snow pretty much ran out. We skinned and scrambled up to the actual summit, which amazingly we skied from literally 10 feet below, then skied the East chute back into bowl.
AR

Reply to this TR

june-22-2010-silver-peak-an-indecent-proposal
gravyb
2010-06-23 10:05:44