Home > Trip Reports > June 19, 2010, Mt. Ruth, Corn from the saddle.

June 19, 2010, Mt. Ruth, Corn from the saddle.

6/19/10
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by samthaman on 6/20/10 1:16pm
Travertine and I headed up to the Baker ski area for a casual day of skiing around Ptarmigan ridge. On the way up, the skies cleared and we changed our plans and aimed higher. Travertine suggested Ruth, and I was happy with the idea. We found corn that was skiing very well, good views and a wet exit.

James, psyched to ski:

Things were looking good:
+

Having fun:

I've written up a complete TR on my own site here
(Link should be working now)

Hopefully this is helpful and informative.

sam
It looks like you had some good weather up there today.  Good job adjusting your plans to make the most of it.
Welcome back Sam.  Drop me a line sometime when you look to head south.  It would be fun to get together.

Sam, thanks for the trip and for posting the TR with pix.  I'm away caving for a couple of weeks but I'll hope we'll get more trips later in the summer and next winter.  Count me out for the hucking, though.

I have to apologize to Mosetick - the weather looked lame, I told him I wasn't going to do anything worthwhile just mope around the ski area for a few hours.  So Chris, I totally was not trying to shake you off, even the somewhat short day we did was definitely more than I expected or planned.

Way to be flexible and get at it. 
And I must say Travertines's hair looks excellent in that first photo!  It's an argument against wearing a helmet or any headgear if I ever saw one.    :D

Hey Mack, I'm just pleased to keep what I've got.  And that means a helmet especially when trying to keep up with Samthaman.

author=Travertine link=topic=16970.msg71539#msg71539 date=1277174408]
Hey Mack, I'm just pleased to keep what I've got.  And that means a helmet especially when trying to keep up with Samthaman.

Hey! I can't remember any time (aside from that steep section on the skin track) when you weren't right behind me or out in front. Don't write yourself off that quickly. I hope your knee is doing Ok. Have fun on the caving trip and let me know when you get back.

To Snow Bell - I'll certainly be in touch if I had south. You've got an open invite (for the whole family) if you decide to head up this way as well. Mi casa es su casa or whatever. Hope you're doing well.

Reply to this TR

june-19-2010-mt-ruth-corn-from-the-saddle
samthaman
2010-06-20 20:16:14