Home > Trip Reports > June 16 ,2010, Chinook Pass

June 16 ,2010, Chinook Pass

6/15/10
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Robie on 6/16/10 8:06am
Work slow so took a day off. Solo skied south facing on Yakima peak a couple of times. One inch fresh, lightly snowing no wind. Skied ok but no better. Still could push the basket down 6" and handle down about 12" into snocone consistancy. Very good coverage, could last another month? 
Stopped at Wapiti Woolies for caffeine and gossip. Sunrise open June, 25 according to Bob.
Looks like a new set of boards, Robman.
Them's pretty fancy planks for a dirtbag :)

surely they are a couple models old by now. Just couldn't imagine myself with the latest thing.

Nice looking skis Robie.
I was wondering how the skiing would have been today.

author=Robie link=topic=16949.msg71327#msg71327 date=1276729572] Sunrise open June, 25 according to Bob.

This cold weather has maintained a fair snowpack up there. It would be interesting if they pushed the opening back, then I would know there is a skier conspiracy.

The picture above was supposed to be about the snow.

Some cynics say the park won't open Sunrise with that much snow because then they would have to worry about non savy people sliding off the wrong spots.Staffing and all that.
I don't know what the real reasons are. I just wish to ski up there earlier. earlier would mean more coverage and less damage to flora.
It would also take some pressure off of Paradise.

Reply to this TR

june-16-2010-chinook-pass
Robie
2010-06-16 15:06:12