Home > Trip Reports > June 13, 2010, Silver Peak safety

June 13, 2010, Silver Peak safety

6/13/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 6/13/10 9:35am
It was one more corn harvest at Silver, zero avalanche danger, and Mother Nature provided puffy clouds and breezes to keep us cooler today.  The usual line toward Lake Annette saw the most action with an inch or two of slushy corn on a firm base. The minimal sun cups were well smoothed by day's end, and there are still no moguls. :)

Some of us did a lap on a wide open line below the summit that started higher and ended quite a bit higher as well (except for those who enjoyed a few hundred more feet of descent through slide alder into a stream gully.)  The ski out is still possible on snow all the way to the road, which melted another couple hundred yards further during this warm day!  No beacons, shovels, or probes required on this tour.

Another great group of new and old friends on a fine day.
Best snow I've seen in months, what a day!  Got any pictures?  I brought a camera, my best lens, polarizing filters, a monopod, a little lens cleaning tool, and I even charged up my battery last night -- but I didn't bring a memory card. :(

What a great day!  Nice to meet you up there. 

Usually I take a lot of pictures, but since I didn't have my pack on all day I didn't have my camera on me either.

It was great to finally get up there for a perfect day. My TR with pics at NWH.

Fun back-to-back tours up there this weekend.  The lunch spot on the NW ridge of Silver is becoming a social mecca on sunny June weekends.  ;D

author=lordhedgie link=topic=16916.msg71206#msg71206 date=1276479080]
Best snow I've seen in months, what a day!  Got any pictures?  I brought a camera, my best lens, polarizing filters, a monopod, a little lens cleaning tool, and I even charged up my battery last night -- but I didn't bring a memory card. :(

Hey Jimmy, I posted my pictures on my site:
http://gallery.gipfelhaus.com/main.php/v/skitrips/

In the Silver Peak album.  Nothing special, but a nice way to remember a fun day

author=JPH link=topic=16916.msg71211#msg71211 date=1276487236]
What a great day!  Nice to meet you up there. 

Thank YOU for the steps.

Reply to this TR

june-13-2010-silver-peak-safety
silaswild
2010-06-13 16:35:09