Home > Trip Reports > June 13, 2010, Stevens Pass, Cowboy Mtn.

June 13, 2010, Stevens Pass, Cowboy Mtn.

6/13/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by GregLange on 6/13/10 5:25am
You'd think, as a school teacher, I could snag long days for playing this time of year. Alas, not to be. So last week I put out an all-call for a dawn patrol at Stevens. Snoholic answered the call to duty, so we arranged to meet as soon as possible on Sunday morning. I don't normally rise at 4 AM, but skiing is always worth losing sleep over.
We  both had many other things to do back in town, so we made a quick trip to the top of Cowboy, above 7th Heaven lift station. The sunshine on our shoulders made us happy, and did not degrade the snow too much. One hour+ from the car, skins off, and then ripped down thru the softening corn/deepening mashers. Back to the car in 1 hr 40  mins, and home to our various projects. Kind of like illegal drugs ("just one more hit, please"), but can almost always drive safely afterwards.

Were able to skin up from the lodge courtyard,  but the little "snow bridges" are soon to give way. The upper reaches, above Rock garden and into 7th heaven bowl, still has a decent amount of snow in it. Hope more of you are able to access these easy pickin's before they recede.
This is useful to know, and I'll keep it on the June-turns list.  Cheers.

Reply to this TR

june-13-2010-stevens-pass-cowboy-mtn
GregLange
2010-06-13 12:25:19