Home > Trip Reports > June 12, 2010, Hidden Lake Peak

June 12, 2010, Hidden Lake Peak

6/12/10
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Glorificus Adventum on 6/12/10 1:33pm
Myself, Cookie Monster, Skier8484, and JCR met in Burlington at 6am and were hiking by 8. We made quick time getting out of the woods and into the main drainage. We hiked for another few hundred feet and then changed to ski boots and booted another few hundred feet elevation wise to get over the first hump. Skinned to the back wall and then initially tried skinning up the right side. We then opted for a short boot to gain the main slope above. Skinned a long traverse up and made the summit at 11:15. Hung out at the top for a short bit and soaked in the truly perfect views. The first few hundred feet were really fun on a firm crust with a just enough corn on top. The next few hundred feet were "tricky" in that the crust was breakable but hard to turn in. Got through that to find just soft snow (~3-6"?) on a firm base. Did some bushwhacking above where we transitioned from shoes to boots which was an amusing conclusion to the skiing. Back to the car at 1pm. All in all a very good day with some new and enjoyable company.
It was a very clear day, I suspect the views of the North Cascades were superb from HLP!  Good call.

author=silaswild link=topic=16910.msg71183#msg71183 date=1276407959]
It was a very clear day, I suspect the views of the North Cascades were superb from HLP!  Good call.

An apt suspicion, as the vew were incredible!  Almost as incredible as Cookie's rants ;)

This CookieMonster had a great day out and about with everyone: a fun, fit crew.

I'm surprised Hidden Lakes Peak doesn't get skiied more often. I'm intrigued by the idea of spending a powder day in the vincinity. Nice place to run laps, if nothing else, and the views are amazing.

Glorificus Adventum receives full credit for choosing a fun and safe location.

Reply to this TR

june-12-2010-hidden-lake-peak
Glorificus Adventum
2010-06-12 20:33:04