Home > Trip Reports > T-way tours 5/22 - 5/23

T-way tours 5/22 - 5/23

5/15/10
Posted by Big Steve on 5/24/10 1:37am
Sat 5/22: Bean Peak with Andy, Brad and Chris.  Creek crossing easier than last week due to cooler temps.  Donned skis at c. 5100'.  Summit scramble was dry.  Fun skiing.

Sun 5/23: Don and Randy joined the Bean foursome for tour over NW ridge of Iron, down to head of Beverly Creek, up over Gene-Bill saddle, then c. 1000' descent, crossed Turnpike Cr. on snow bridge, then worked up NW-erly (avoiding travel under cornices) to knob (c. 6400') c. 0.4 mi. SE of Long's Pass.  Nice skiing from there to c. 5100', then patchy w/ some slide alder jibbing all the way down to Esmeralda/Ingalls Way junction.  Some falling snow, heavy for a few minutes, but otherwise nice weather.  Very fun day. 

Road is open and driveable to <1/2 mile from end.
where's the picture!?!? 8)

I think Brenda and I spotted you all as you summitted Bean Pk. Six of us made a ski camp over the weekend down in the trees around 5200'. Pretty good skiing over there Fri thru Sun, and the weather was decent, although cool. Sat was beautiful, especially in the morning.

Your Sunday tour looks interesting. I gotta try that.

Yeah, that was likely us you saw, md.  Pretty certain that we were the only party on Bean on Saturday.  We saw your tracks on Judy's.  Nice.  The W ramp on Earl had melted out a bunch since we skied it last week.

blitz, I did not carry a camera.  Randy took some pics on yesterday's tour.

Reply to this TR

t-way-tours-5-22-5-23
Big Steve
2010-05-24 08:37:15