Home > Trip Reports > May 8, 2010, Hurricane Ridge streak maintenance

May 8, 2010, Hurricane Ridge streak maintenance

5/8/10
WA Olympics
Posted by telemack on 5/10/10 12:17pm
Chris Prince agreed to accompany me on a "disability tour".  I skied in early April just before a visit to the orthopedist diagnosed me with a badly sprained thumb and condemned me to 6 weeks in a cast.  I figured getting May turns would be safest before the cast comes off, and Chris was good enough to help clip my skins on and set a track.  I was able to wave the pole in the air just fine, so turns were almost normal; skinning and any gear handling slowed me down a lot.

The Lodge Run was firm, and then we went for laps on Maggies's.  Building clouds kept the temps. nice and the snow was corn-to-3"-mush for hours.  Still lots of snow, over 8' at the visitors center.  Beautiful day with few others about, and excellent to be out for a change.
The lift area operations manager was out touring and caught a hitch from us. 8)
TWO THUMBS WAY UP!  Heal well, Mack!  Great perseverance.
Don

So where does your streak stand Mack?

I'd love to join you at Hurricane for a guided tour sometime. Never skied there.

Heal up!

Hey Mack, way to keep it alive.

I never did figure out whether you were one month head of me (thus 32 months, Oct 2007) or 13 ahead (thus 44, Oct 2006).

Keep your thumb attached and let's ski in June,

You guys remind me that I have Friends All Year.   ;D
Thanks to Skiprince for lending a thumb and then waiting.   ::)  I had my camera in my pack all along---doh.
Doug, we'd love to host you in the Olys; try me Memorial Day, or June but not too early.
James, it's 32 months now.  9/08 made one year, a baby streak but still one month ahead of....never mind.  I'll die first and then you have a chance to catch up!  June will be tough unless you come over here, but July etc. is cool.

I just got home from a 30 day road trip to the Four Corners region, and a month long streak of non skiing. :( Fortunately, I got to ski in early April and I will be skiing this Saturday, so my tay streak in not in jeopardy. We will have to hook during the summer, Travertine and Telemack. I will be hitting the volcanoes hard by mid-June. :)

... We will have to hook during the summer,  Telemon, Travertine and Telemack. I will be hitting the volcanoes hard by mid-June. :)

I would change my name to Trusty Knees to be a part of that group of T's...  Keep me posted.

Msg sent TTTr.  We need to get it on the schedule before the chance melts away.

Reply to this TR

may-8-2010-hurricane-ridge-streak-maintenance
telemack
2010-05-10 19:17:42