Home > Trip Reports > 4/30/10 stevens pass north and east smorgasbord

4/30/10 stevens pass north and east smorgasbord

4/30/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by alecapone on 4/29/10 11:55pm
Thanks wenatchee outdoor guides. Not as demented as you, but close.

I wasn't really even feeling motivated to do much more then take my dogs touring inbounds at stevens but Kyle talked me out of it. Since visability left any alpine travel begging for vertigo, and Kyle has yet to get to the immediate Stevens pass back country it seemed a good choice. The visability still played a role in the day.

Started off up the S&P highway to skyline lake up to a high point and over..mmmmmmm, powder.

So good we went west then up and over the next one. Our faces where very happy.

then we went east and up and over the north of the one next to that

... they did not hide the hidden chute well enough.

then we continued north and went up and over to get a drink from Janus.
and then by Jove if we didn't have to climb the one next to that.

Then I made a boo boo. Since visability was 0, I led us down the wrong ridge of jove and then down to Jove lake. It was our original plan anyways, so no biggie. Kyle led a boot pack back up to the ridge where we skiied down in the only bad snow we encountered all day.

The road out was TERRIBLE!!!! so soft and stickky we got no glide and had to tele board our way back. Fortuantly there was a warm car waiting at the end of the road saving us that whle 1/4mile to the parking area..

In the end, we had 2 decents on heather ridge, and one each lichtenburg, union, and jove, then the east ridge of jove. Most riding was down in pretty decent new snow conditions.few hundred feet shy of 10G..
Wow, all that and done before 8am!

;D

we finished at 1 minute after midnight. :D

Wow, you covered some ground and got some classic lines.

Fun reading between the lines.  : ) 

It was fun to get out and get some great conditions (for late april).
We really covered some ground.

I had a great time Scott and thanks for letting me tag along.

Kyle - when don't you cover some ground?  ::)

author=alecapone link=topic=16521.msg69046#msg69046 date=1272639309]
Kyle has yet to get to the immediate Stevens pass back country it seemed a good choice.

???

I had a great day touring my yard with the lawn mower...  A bit of overcast, but great visibility.

Cheers

gogobadboys

VisIbility is desirable.

I'm planning a geezer tour in mycast with some pals next Sat. and i will surpass U fo sho

Reply to this TR

4-30-10-stevens-pass-north-and-east-smorgasbord
alecapone
2010-04-30 06:55:09