Home > Trip Reports > June 14, 2004, Summit at Snoqualmie, Summit West

June 14, 2004, Summit at Snoqualmie, Summit West

6/14/04
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by DonnellyM on 6/14/04 11:57am
Allright now, you probably thinking don't I have anything better to do?  Just like most of us, I to have a job that I go to.  However I must get my daily set of turns in, no matter how silly or dumb it may seem.  Since this is the most easily accesable snow patch that I can find, I'm gonna get my turns for the day, no matter how small the patch is.  Not that I'd do this everyday, on most days I at least make an effort to get some descent vertical in.  This patch happens to be right next the Pacific Crest Lift at Summit West.  It was long enough to make 15 turns, tight turns for that matter.  Yes, practicing tight turns has saved me from hitting a couple of trees as well.  For most people the skiing at the Summit at Snoqualmie and surrounding areas has ended, not for me.  I'll keep it up until July, then I can rest.  Might as well take advantage of any snow on the ground there is.  AAAhhhh, there's no other sport like skiing!
you don't have to stop in july.  there are patches in september, see.

You are truly an inspiration to the new -Turns Everyday web site. Way to keep the dream alive Donnelly!

what next? I'm waiting to see you post a trip report for late season turns on the small slopes of year-round snow at the base of Big Four Mtn....one mile approach, lowest elevation year-round snow in the lower 48 (supposedly)...  just don't fall into the ice caves.  
;D

Hey Kam - I love that shot!  ;)

Hope all is well.

Dave,

Believe it or not, but that was much better skiing than what we ultimately decided on that day...

-s

Where there's snow, there's skiing ;D

Hey Skip - Yeah, I remember reading that trip report...funny how that is sometimes the case.

Reply to this TR

june-14-2004-summit-at-snoqualmie-summit-west
DonnellyM
2004-06-14 18:57:21