Home > Trip Reports > April 25, 2010, Vesper Powder

April 25, 2010, Vesper Powder

4/25/10
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by JimD on 4/26/10 10:51pm
Best snow we've ever found on Vesper. TR here.
AK vs WA style skiing...I like it!

Great photos!!

That is a pretty big style differance. I love to go fast and make big turns. but 30 seconds from the top of vesper to the lake? Dude was flying!

tsk tsk ;)

Subsequent posts in a thread (replies):
•Full-sized photos: none allowed

Ha!  Touche' ;)

Talk about being at the right place at the right time.  Nice work!

author=mbcracken link=topic=16481.msg68859#msg68859 date=1272381679]
AK vs WA style skiing...I like it!

HAHA. It is funny to compare our styles, so very contrasting. Jim is so solid making all those turns. He makes it look so effortless, me on the other hand, well I guess I am just to lazy... ;)

So nice - thanks.  What is the beautiful face that looks like a lower angle version of the Skillet Glacier on Mt Moran (Tetons) in the background on the video shot from the top of Vesper?

Petey, that's the north face of Morning Star. Jeff and I skied most of it in 2008. We were looking longingly at it on Sunday thinking how sweet it would be to drop into it with good powder, but we also thought how much it would suck if a sluff on the top steepest (about the same as Skillet I think) slope carried you over the cliffs.

Awesome! What incredible snow conditions for April - I love WA state. For comparison you needed a video of somebody doing it CO style too. (jacket with fur lining, knees glued together, and asking which way to the groomers...) ;)

author=shred link=topic=16481.msg68907#msg68907 date=1272426244]
HAHA. It is funny to compare our styles, so very contrasting. Jim is so solid making all those turns. He makes it look so effortless, me on the other hand, well I guess I am just to lazy... ;)

In the words of Brad Pitt:  I think that's "the shit"!

Reply to this TR

april-25-2010-vesper-powder
JimD
2010-04-27 05:51:10