Home > Trip Reports > April 26, Mt Rainer, Paradise Alta Vista ice

April 26, Mt Rainer, Paradise Alta Vista ice

4/15/10
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by khp1 on 4/26/10 8:07am
OK first trip report....Not much of a report but here it goes.  I went up to Paradise to try my new BD Method boots.  I left Paradise parking lot around 9:30am.  Very few cars there.  I skinned up around Alta Vista and up to the base of Panorama Point.  I had seen a few skiers going up Panorama Point.  The snow it was very crusty and icy.  It was still fun trying out the new boots and getting out.    I'm new to the backcountry skiing so bare with me.  The weather was looking like it was going to start raining so I didn't go any farther than that.  Anyway talked to a few skiers and hikers and a group of climbers.  I didn't get killed skating down the ice on the way back down so it was a good day.
I did far less than that on my first backcountry tour and I didn't write a report . welcome !
Keep it up.

author=Robie link=topic=16473.msg68829#msg68829 date=1272336176]
I did far less than that on my first backcountry tour and I didn't write a report . welcome !
Keep it up.

I did less than Robie did on my first one but never told him about it... and also did not do a TR. (but, of course there was no internet to post one on, either, so I guess I can skate on that one, eh?)
ditto on the Welcome. :)

Thanks and I've been lurking on this site for a while now.  I love the sense of community that the backcountry  people have.  I have been skiing resorts for over 20 years now and that is losing my interest.  I need to get some avy classes this fall or next winter though.

Reply to this TR

april-26-mt-rainer-paradise-alta-vista-ice
khp1
2010-04-26 15:07:17