Home > Trip Reports > 4-23-10, cannon mt.

4-23-10, cannon mt.

4/23/10
Posted by alecapone on 4/23/10 11:25pm
Poor choice, but I woke up late and was still tired from the previous day.

Kyle and I parked on 8 mile about 1/4 mile from the 8 mile TH. skined the road and through the nasty face slapping alder instead of climbing direct. mainly since the lower elevation was mush since it was already near 11 am.

trail was mostly easy and snow covered all the way....

part way up the ridge we decided to climb the north couloir direct. Soft Snow in the lower section gave optimism that it was going to be a nice decent. nasty refrozen avi debris higher up made me wonder how the heck we where going to get down.

It was a good thing we climbed what we intended to ride. The upper most section of the climb had what seemed like would be great snow for riding. This surely would have tempted us in. For the sake of no icy sideslipping we rode the ridge down through soft snow in the trees. eventually soft gave way to heavy, and then to isomush.

semi sweet returns... spring riding in the trees

We where able to ride to within about 500' vert or so above the creek before booting the rest of the way down where we quickly found a big log for crossing the creek.

Nice -- good call on the ridge.  I'm sure y'all have ridden more than enough frozen avy debris already this season.

Yeah..

we had enough of that the day before ;)

I am making pictures right now. Switching to picasa since my bucket is full. Is picasa always so slow?

Picasa doesn't usually seem slow to me.  I use it to hold albums of ski trips but it does not allow you to link photos to TR"s. For that I use Flickr.

What happened the day before?

The day before I swallowed my "Pride" and did some but slide.  Riding wasn't the best but it was one of the most fulfilling days of my season. I think it is  little more deserving of a good write up then my usuall choppy hard to read style.

I did not know picasa didn't allow. that kinda sucks.

Staying tuned....

What doesn't Picasa allow?  Oh, wait... linking?  I've been able to.  Give me a link to your album and I'll mess with it.

Reply to this TR

4-23-10-cannon-mt
alecapone
2010-04-24 06:25:16