Home > Trip Reports > April 18, 2010, Washington Pass (Blue Lake TH)

April 18, 2010, Washington Pass (Blue Lake TH)

4/18/10
WA Cascades East Slopes North
Posted by sheispiste on 4/22/10 2:29pm

"There was a thread not too long ago about why post or write a Trip Report. (I can't find it--ugh) Some bantered for the snow beta, some guys went gaga for, or against, gorilla beating-gloating, and others are fanatics for photographs (that I still can't manage to embed properly)"

...yeah, some of my thoughts too sheispiste. 
Sunday Khanh and I were surprised no one had been up to the col since the last storm.  Who would have expected a starry night Saturday to make for ski crampon conditions getting up-- gave mine to Khanh and stomped up with my new fritschivolklkiku setup. Had terrific corn first tracks early in the morning.  Second time down, were joined by the beginning of the masses.  Took other runs later on different aspects holding good corn.  Khanh's first time to WA Pass and she was game for all.  gorgeous day out!

Great trip report and beautiful pix.

How about that couloir visible across the valley in Monika's 2nd photo? Is that the east side of Silver Star?

author=CookieMonster link=topic=16445.msg68724#msg68724 date=1272049057]
Great trip report and beautiful pix.

How about that couloir visible across the valley in Monika's 2nd photo? Is that the east side of Silver Star?

kangaroo ridge

Boing, Boing, Boing. I wish I could hop like a Kangaroo.

Thanks for the data.

Thanks for the report Jessica! Here is a link to my photos from our trip last week and our return this week for another round.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kevinsteffa/10_04_WaPass

- Kevin

Reply to this TR

april-18-2010-washington-pass-blue-lake-th
sheispiste
2010-04-22 21:29:33