Home > Trip Reports > April 10, 2010, Skyline and beyond, Stevens Pass

April 10, 2010, Skyline and beyond, Stevens Pass

4/10/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Oyvind_Henningsen on 4/13/10 1:52am
Monika and I had a super time in great snow at Stevens Pass.  Possible plans were discussed the day before.  Jim Hill or tour inspired by Wenatchee Outdoors Guide guys.  Jim Hill was tried and true, but we ended up checking out a line neither of us had skied before. 

We met at 5:30 in Monroe as we were worried about the sun baking things and upping the danger.  Up the ridge, across the lake and down to 4200 on the other side.  Super conditions and some fun pillow dropping.  Trailbraking up to the saddle was a deep chore.  The ridge to the top of Happy Face was wind scoured and easy going. 

Dropped NW 3 times to a meadow at 4250 or so.  Very good ski terrain and good snow stability.  Watching the temperature and snow conditions all day for changing stability.  Snow received some radiation, but did not change much on our aspect.  We skied conservatively all day and stuck to terrain that we felt were appropriate for the conditions.

Sorry to have missed Cookie Monsters party that must have skied off to our  skiers right.  After 3 laps (3 1/2 for Monika the stud) I felt it was time to take off and we retraced from whence we had come in the morning.  9200 feet for Monika and 8600 for me.  Back at the car at 3 pm.  No wonder this girl wins rando races!!!
Strong day all the way around.  Nice work.

author=Oyvind_Henningsen link=topic=16359.msg68325#msg68325 date=1271177569]
  No wonder this girl wins rando races!!!

Not only does she win rando races, she skis with a cat on her back!

author=Darryl link=topic=16359.msg68417#msg68417 date=1271282147]
Not only does she win rando races, she skis with a cat on her back!

and not only that, but she should have been the Lange girl too. Still think it's a crime that she didn't win....

Nice Job Oyvind!  We did Josephine that day.  Looking to do Cutthroat tomorrow.  Have a great day if you get out.

Reply to this TR

april-10-2010-skyline-and-beyond-stevens-pass
Oyvind_Henningsen
2010-04-13 08:52:49