Home > Forum > Stolen gear - June 1

Stolen gear - June 1

• Eli
  • [Eli]
More
07 Jun 2004 11:35 #169426 by Eli
Stolen gear - June 1 was created by Eli
My car was broken into and gear stolen last week. On the remote-chance that anyone sees it being hawked somewhere, I'd love to hear about it.<br><br>All gear is marked marked with HOLMES or ZIKAN (usually in big letters somewhere).<br><br>Bibler Eldorado tent (green)<br>Feather Friends -20F gortex bag (purple)<br>2 lite thermorests (blue; 1 3/4 length, the other full)<br>1 Northface 2-ply gortex one-piece suit (yellow)<br>1 Dark blue 3-ply gortex one-piece suit (blue)<br><br> &gt;:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2004 12:17 #169427 by russ
Replied by russ on topic Re: Stolen gear - June 1
Sorry to hear about your gear being stolen - hope your auto insurance will at least cover some of it. You might alert employees at Second Ascent and keep a watch on Ebay...

• glenn_b
  • [glenn_b]
More
07 Jun 2004 12:43 #169428 by glenn_b
Replied by glenn_b on topic Re: Stolen gear - June 1
Sorry to hear about your loss, Eli. Sounds like quite a haul for the thieving bastards. Make sure to report the theft to the authorities, that'll expedite any dealings with your insurance company. <br><br>FYI - Damage to your broken-into vehicle is covered by the comprehensive coverage on your auto policy. Stuff stolen out of the car would be covered by either your homeowner's or renter's(a relatively inexpensive policy available to the renting class) insurance. All coverages would be subject to a deductible.

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jun 2004 14:54 - 07 Jun 2004 14:55 #169429 by Joedabaker
Replied by Joedabaker on topic Re: Stolen gear - June 1
Bummer-Sad to hear that there are those who can't keep to themselves. Check Ebay maybe it will show there. They have busted and recovered goods from those foolish ones who are trying to sell stolen goods on Ebay. Good Luck!

• Eli
  • [Eli]
More
08 Jun 2004 07:57 #169433 by Eli
Replied by Eli on topic Re: Stolen gear - June 1
Thanks for the condolences. I've been checking 2nd Bounce and e-bay, but no luck. 12 years ago my car was busted into and all my gear stolen, but I managed to recover 90% of it. But this time, I'm having no such luck. Although, insurance will cover it, I'll lose our no-claims bonus which could increase our premiums by $500 a year so I'll have to weigh the cost of replacing the gear with the amount our insurance will increase....<br>

More
08 Jun 2004 08:10 - 09 Jun 2004 05:48 #169434 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: Stolen gear - June 1
sorry to hear about the lost gear and the break-in....hope the thief takes the gear in to second bounce and gets nabbed. <br>might want to keep on eye on this bulletin board too if you aren't already...gear sometimes shows up there.<br>seattle.craigslist.org/