Home > Trip Reports > March 14-16, 2010, The Wapta Traverse

March 14-16, 2010, The Wapta Traverse

3/14/10
Posted by Jason_H. on 4/5/10 7:31am
I haven't posted a TR here in awhile (too many pics  ;)), but I thought you guys would enjoy reading about The Wapta Traverse.

Go here.

Thanks...

Excellent!  Your TRs and photos this year have been blowing my mind.

One (very) minor quibble - the bird you identify as a crow is actually a raven.  You can tell by the distinctive beak shape.  Other ways to tell are the difference are size and differences in tail feather shape while flying.  Crows have  rounded fan-shaped tail feathers while ravens have wedge shaped (trapeziodal) tail feathers.  In general in the alpine they are virtually 100% ravens whereas in the cities and lower elevations they are almost all crows.

Thanks for sharing Jason.  Your TR's never disappoint despite the high expectations.

Nice, Jason. You make quality a priority in your TR's and it shows. The extra time and effort you put in waiting for the right moment in your pictures really makes a difference; if I were your teacher you'd get an "A" for sure. Thanks again.

Jason,  Thanks for posting the TR and photos.  The images and words are wonderful.

You and some of the "gang" should consider a trip to The Sierra. Checkout the Backcountry stores(in Truckee) website and their Message Board for some Backcountry TR and the Message Board at www.sierrabackcountry.org.  Two different web sites.  It's getting time for Sierra corn.  ;)

Jill and I are working our way south and should be there in a week or so unless another powder event keeps us in the Tahoe area.   

Reply to this TR

march-14-16-2010-the-wapta-traverse
Jason_H.
2010-04-05 14:31:02