Home > Trip Reports > April 4, 2010, E. of Stevens Pass

April 4, 2010, E. of Stevens Pass

4/4/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by prestonf on 4/5/10 3:32am
Chrism and I rode W/NW forested slopes where the snow was protected, very deep, and nice and light (especially for April).  Lots of face shots.

Getting up this thing was a b*tch since the terrain was pretty steep and tight, making skinning switchback-intensive and progress painfully slow.  I was feeling defeated, but Chrism persevered and broke trail to the top of the ridge, and I followed.

The ride down was pretty sweet in some of the deepest snow of the year in fun, challenging terrain.  The snow definitely wanted to sluff off of the steeper pitches, adding a little bit of excitement in the tight spots.  A short-ish but great day, since neither of us were down for another round of up.  We chose to blame that on being tired from previous days efforts as opposed to being lazy.

Here's a video if you want to see what conditions were like for yourself  :).

http://vimeo.com/10695525
Thanks for the cool video! I'm going to look for a good tree run next time out.

Good stuff.  Evidence points to the slopes above Lanham Creek on the W side of Jim Hill, right?

author=telemack link=topic=16263.msg68019#msg68019 date=1270615483]
Good stuff.  Evidence points to the slopes above Lanham Creek on the W side of Jim Hill, right?

Shhhh Mack!  This might be another secret stash.  Great vid you guys!  I'm sure it ws the perspective, but it looked like the skier was bombing down while the rider was lollygagging  ;D  Thanks for the inspiration!

Nah, that was Yodelin.

I edited out all the parts where the skier was lollygagging and wrestling alder upside down.

;)

author=prestonf link=topic=16263.msg68036#msg68036 date=1270657711]
Nah, that was Yodelin.

I edited out all the parts where the skier was lollygagging and wrestling alder upside down.

;)

This is why said skier is not in much of the video:-)

Sweetness, amazing how some fresh can change your perspective. Looks like Wenatchie Bowl in the trees but that big field at the bottom is definately not there.

Reply to this TR

april-4-2010-e-of-stevens-pass
prestonf
2010-04-05 10:32:04