Home > Trip Reports > April 3, 2010, Skyline Father Son Winter Camping

April 3, 2010, Skyline Father Son Winter Camping

4/3/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Oyvind_Henningsen on 4/4/10 12:41am
After a lovely day of skiing at Steven's Pass on Friday my 11 year old and I changed from "ski" clothing to "touring" clothing, slapped the skins on, 'heaved' the backpack and headed up Skyline Ridge for some stormy father son bonding.  It was snowing hard when we headed up the road.  We managed the 1000 vertical to the Lake without too much complaining  :) 

We pitched the tent and dug trenches on each side for the anticipated heavy snowfall.  And boy did it snow!  We went to bed early and got up late, nothing better than sleeping in when you have made the decision to convert one of your nalgene bottles to a "number one" bottle.  Finally got out of our cocoon around 0730 to about 14" of new fluffy stuff.  Breakfast of oatmeal and hot chocolate and coffee and we were soon off to the lift lines at Stevens.

Seems like everyone had powder fever yesterday.  Usually in April they are hard pressed to fill one parking lot up there, yesterday they filled up overflow parking and even some spots in Leavenworth it seemed. ::)

We made a few laps and headed West since my son had a Lacrosse game.  He was complaining of a sore throat during the game and a few hours later my wife called me from the clinic where he had a 103 fever and strep throat diagnosed. :-

Happy Easter everyone  :)
So cool un idea!!  I'd love to do that!  Very sorry about your son going ill :-[
Hope it didn't discourage your wife! (or your son.)

Get well soon.

Nice to see the next generation of track setters out there.

Too bad about the sickness, hope he's all healed now.
Kudos, way to get the young lad out there!

Reply to this TR

april-3-2010-skyline-father-son-winter-camping
Oyvind_Henningsen
2010-04-04 07:41:44