Home > Forum > Diamond Peak, Oregon

Diamond Peak, Oregon

• jibmaster
  • [jibmaster]
More
06 Jun 2004 09:18 #169423 by jibmaster
Diamond Peak, Oregon was created by jibmaster
Anyone skiied Diamond Peak? Wondering if I should climb the SW bowl from road 2149 at Scout Creek by Corrigan Lake, or continue on 2149 around Bear Mountain to the Bear Creek drainage to access the NW bowl? Or maybe hike up by Blue Lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alpentalcorey
  • [alpentalcorey]
More
06 Jun 2004 10:53 #169424 by alpentalcorey
Replied by alpentalcorey on topic Re: Diamond Peak, Oregon
I skied it last year around this time from the Scout Creek/Corrigan Lake approach. There is a TR here, you can look for it in the June 2003 section. We climbed along the edge of the SW bowl and descended the SW bowl. It was a nice enjoyable run and a mostly mellow climb (~3.5 hours from the car) but to me it looked like the other aspects I could see offered longer and more interesting descents. As far as alternate access points and/or routes Amar would be the guy to talk to. I always figured when I came back I might either haul overnight stuff up and stay for a few days, or maybe try to go light and do multiple routes in a day.

• jibmaster
  • [jibmaster]
More
06 Jun 2004 19:30 #169425 by jibmaster
Replied by jibmaster on topic Re: Diamond Peak, Oregon
Light is right. The multiple descents in one day sounds good. I'll be going up in a few weeks. The roads around Mt. Scott were snowed in by 5500'-6000'. Further north it could be lower. I just need the roads to be drivable to 5800' and I'm there. The Corrigan Lake area looks good. <br> Hard sayin'-not knowin'...!