Home > Trip Reports > March 28 ONP Hurricane window

March 28 ONP Hurricane window

3/15/10
WA Olympics
Posted by runcle on 3/28/10 8:55am
The ONP recorded message this morning said that the road was going to be open until 2:00 pm due to an impending storm. That's enough time to get in a few turns so I skied out toward the Hill in blowing snow and flat light! I sought out a couple of new decents I have had on my mind...

Variable and unpredictable is how I would describe the snow pack. Two inches of new on top of breakable crust above sugar snow on this east facing aspect. I set off a small sluff in the slide alder (see pic) that could have easily turned into a larger slide if the starting zone was higher up.   Snow began steadily falling around noon as I headed back to the VC. I hope this storm gives us some significant accumulation! Pics can be seen @

http://picasaweb.google.com/bobsneeb/HurricaneTourEastFacingBowlAtTheEndOfTheHurricaneHillParkingLot#

DH
Nice work getting some before the weather moved in. We looked at that slope Saturday on our way out to Hurricane Hill, it was tempting! It is one of our favorites and we have yet to ski it this season. Nice pictures Doug,

Gary

Reply to this TR

march-28-onp-hurricane-window
runcle
2010-03-28 15:55:33