Home > Forum > Crystal Demo Day

Crystal Demo Day

• Ritalin Kid
  • [Ritalin Kid]
More
27 Mar 2010 19:38 - 27 Mar 2010 20:04 #191108 by Ritalin Kid
Crystal Demo Day was created by Ritalin Kid
Anyone else try skis at Crystal today? I hit the demo before I went up to Bullion.

Dispite eveyone's encouragment I didn't get on the S7s.

I skied 4 skis (well actually 3 skis and one binding).

here's my review:

Line Prophet 115 (186cm): This ski is super beefy, beefer than my 192 Atomic Atlas that have a 125mm waist.  The strange thing is they turn like a slalom ski on the hardpack.  This is a very dynamic ski that is stout and likes to charge.

Line Sir Francis Bacon (182cm): Normally I wouldn't even try a ski this short, but I was intrested in how the rocker and taper would ride.  I was surprised at my inability to dive the tips in the left over pow on the front of the king and lake elizabeth.  The ski turns smooooth...it feels like the sidecut and rocker fit together. It's a slower turn than what you get with the Prophet, but also takes less effort for a lazy surfy feel.  The ski also felt pretty light weight.

Volkl Gotama (186): I currently ski the old white gotamas in a 190 as my all mountain ski.  I almost upgraded to the 194 when it hit 50% off at Sturtevants.  Glad I didn't, the ski is planky, heavy, and doesn't ski firm snow all that well and doesn't ski soft snow all that well. 

Marker F12: This felt really good.  I run my DIN at 13 so I had to give up a little security to try these, but they felt solid on my feet.  They ski like a regular binding, but you really notice the weight .  I want a pair next year. They were mounted ona 177 Volkl ski that was too narrow to even warrent a comment.

NET-NET: Sir Francis Bacon + Marker f12 could be my progressive, light weight, all mountain, pow surfing tool for next year

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.