Home > Trip Reports > Mar 25, 2010, Mt. Baker, Swift Creek

Mar 25, 2010, Mt. Baker, Swift Creek

3/25/10
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by The Snow Troopers on 3/26/10 1:02am
Day 2 of the annual trip to the Mt. Baker Zone brought a little afternoon snow to the Baker Ski Area BC, and vis was bad so a couple laps down to Swift Creek would be the choice. As we headed up Austin pass leaving the rider packed snow the conditions were not the greatest w/ a breakable "soft" 1 1/2" crust that made shorter radius turns tough, so we let em run! Still a not so great ski day is way better than no ski day at all. Day 3 will be back up to Baker w/ snow still falling and 10" new on the Hill!!! See you in the mountains.
No offense, but your screen name is a pretty blatant Nazi reference. I assume it is not intended to be so, but it can easily be misinterpreted.
Dan

author=otter link=topic=16142.msg67353#msg67353 date=1269632684]
No offense, but your screen name is a pretty blatant Nazi reference. I assume it is not intended to be so, but it can easily be misinterpreted.
Dan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law 

Dear Otter,
                  As a fisherman I have been offended by otter's eating and torturing my beloved brown trout. The rein of terror that your namesake has inflicted upon these poor defenceless trout is an abomination. Can you please change your name so I am not reminded of otter terror. Since you are so PC I'm sure you will comply with my wish and understand my hyper sensitivity regarding the use of the word Otter.
Thanks, no offense
Chris

author=Scotsman link=topic=16142.msg67359#msg67359 date=1269640432]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law 

Dear Otter,
                  As a fisherman I have been offended by otter's eating and torturing my beloved brown trout. The rein of terror that your namesake has inflicted upon these poor defenceless trout is an abomination. Can you please change your name so I am not reminded of otter terror. Since you are so PC I'm sure you will comply with my wish and understand my hyper sensitivity regarding the use of the word Otter.
Thanks, no offense
Chris

Interesting article.

author=otter link=topic=16142.msg67362#msg67362 date=1269643871]
Interesting article.

Thought you'd like it.I can't claim it as it was first posted by another worthy  ( TonyM I think... but I may be wrong) in another debate where Nazi references were invoked. ;D

I was wondering when someone was going to take a bite on that one..... and I find myself longing to jump in.

Scotsman, your TAY name blatantly makes fun of people who love "scot"ch.  In addition, viewing your "name" on TAY has caused my skiing partner to drink more.  This has caused him to miss out on many days on the mountain, turning him into a bitter nazi.  No offence though... 

author=cjski link=topic=16142.msg67364#msg67364 date=1269645904]
I was wondering when someone was going to take a bite on that one..... and I find myself longing to jump in.

Scotsman, your TAY name blatantly makes fun of people who love "scot"ch.  In addition, viewing your "name" on TAY has caused my skiing partner to drink more.  This has caused him to miss out on many days on the mountain, turning him into a bitter nazi.  No offence though... 

Dear cjski,
                 The initials of my first and middle name are cj and I was at one time in my life actually referrred to as CJ rather than Scottie. Since CJ is therfore mine I take great umbrage to the use of my initals in your avatar especially when used in conjuntion with the word ski. It makes me feel like I have been violated by a faschist group like the Nazis. Please cease and desist from using  my name in your avatar. I however must agree that reading what I write on TAY makes me want to drink as well.

author=Scotsman link=topic=16142.msg67366#msg67366 date=1269647293]
... I however must agree that reading what I write on TAY makes me want to drink as well.

You are not alone my brother.

The lamentably provocative sstroopers = Snoqualmie Snow Troopers.  As the spawn of two great losing traditions, a Virginian father and a German mother, I just wish Tim could come up with something a little less incendiary.  Carry on.

author=ron j link=topic=16142.msg67370#msg67370 date=1269650207]
You are not alone my brother.

I know I know but at least Im not wearing pink panties!

oldschool, Scotty, take it outside por favor.

Reply to this TR

mar-25-2010-mt-baker-swift-creek
The Snow Troopers
2010-03-26 08:02:24